For nonprofit institutions, the tax laws are not just a cost of doing business. Tax-exemption is essential to their existence and mission.
- Institutional Client Base: We have experience with the particular tax problems faced by health care, educational, religious, philanthropic, trade association, fraternal, veterans, and political organizations.
- Investment Activities: We often counsel organizations in their investment activities to manage and avoid reporting and UBIT quandries.
- Executive Compensation: Executive pay is the top compliance priority monitored by the IRS, Attorneys General, media, and labor groups.
- Reporting and Disclosure: Nonprofits face a new age of transparency, with ever increasing information disclosure demands at the federal and state levels.
- Business Activity: Revenue pressure is pushing tax-exempt organizations to expand income-producing activities, with attendant exemption, UBIT, and reporting concerns.